Re: Amorphophallus "titanum" tuber at ebay Germany

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus "titanum" tuber at ebay Germany
  • From: E Morano <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 22:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

Here is what a titanum should look like.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220231249571&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling
This one looks to me a lot like a konjac. At first I thought it might have been a paeoniifolius or koratensis but it isnt bumpy enough in my opinion.

"StroWi@t-online.de" <StroWi@t-online.de> wrote:
Here you go, Susan...

Hope it works; on the other hand: A quick search with the item no at ebay USA led to the german offer as well...
Meanwhile a felllow amorphophile got a privat reply from the seller: He got the tubers from an old German nursery as titanum and therefore he thinks that they are really true titanum.

Looking forward to an y suggerstion.

Happy guessing,
Bernhard.