titanum leaf update

  • Subject: titanum leaf update
  • From: "Brian O'Brien" <bobrien@gustavus.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:49:08 -0500

Hello All,
   For the latest photos of our largest Amorphophallus titanum in its current leaf phase, click the link below.  I think that vertical growth has just about topped out, though horizontal growth into the umbrella shape probably still has a good distance to go.  The girth of the petiole at its base is now approximately 28 inches.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeranthes/

Brian

--
Brian A. O'Brien, Department of Chemistry, Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue, Saint Peter, Minnesota  56082  U.S.A.