Re: Philodendrons produce infrared light???

Yes, an infrared camera will pick up a glow from an aroid "in heat".

and really, who wouldn't.

It is an interesting IDEA. even if the fellow did not know what was pollen. sometimes physicists can be remarkably dense about plain old biology us dirt farmers take for granted. I only recently found out that certain flowers which to humans look WHITE, appear to be like a Stanley Kubrik on LSD colour fantasy beyond our ability to perceive the visible spectrum, if one is a bug or other pollinating agent. Moth, perhaps, I dunno. Anyway, even as dogs hear notes we do not, and scream about it, some creatures see incredible colours where we see only white. poor blind things that we are, and to a dog, deaf, and to a bloodhound, we are olfactorilly challenged. I have trouble with that word, I am trying to make it look right, and the spell checker has gone MAD.
anyway, you probably all knew this long before me.

Aroid-L mailing list