"Jim" Enck has passed.

  • Subject: "Jim" Enck has passed.
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 17:05:25 +0000

Dear Friends,

An old friend and long-time aroid fanatic has passed away after a long battle with heart problems.  Warren ("Jim") Enck died after a short stay in Hospice on May 11th (Mother`s day) at 11.00 P.M.
Jim lived with his wonderful and loving wife Loretta near to my home in W.P.B., and was a great friend to all aroid growers in this area and in many parts of the World.   Here in W.P.B. Charlie McDaniel and Bobby Mc Gehe were his good friends, as were Tom Croat of MOBOT, Joep Moonen of Emerald Jungle Village in French Guyana, and many other aroid growers and collectors.   During Wilbert Hetterschied`s very first visit to the U.S.A, we all visited Jim and his collection, afterward having an aroid-based lunch at my home.
Jim had the gift of an aroid "green thumb", and I would pass on to him cuttings which looked dead or near-death, only to receive a call from old Jim a few months later--- "Hey man, come pick up your plants, they are growing out of their pots".
He shared freely of plants in his collection with any who asked.
He will be sadly missed by his many friends, his wife and family, but he is now at peace.

Julius Boos
W.P.B.,  Florida
Aroid-L mailing list