Re: Help with Anthurium scherzerianum

  • Subject: Re: Help with Anthurium scherzerianum
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:10:29 +1000

Cut this from Toms revision ....

 'The type of A. scherzerianum was believed to have been collected in Guatemala; however since that time no other collections have been seen from that country. So far the species has been found only in Costa Rica, where it is plentiful, and it is likely that the type was collected there. '

  This species grows very well up on the tablelands in tropical Australia . I grew it in the sub-tropics and was surprised when they struggled and died after I shifted up to the wet tropics . Today I saw a sickly plant in flower at my local garden club meeting , the owner has been growing several of them for many years in the wettest town in Australia !
Even temperature all year round  , a fast draining media , and frequent mild fertilizing seems to be how friends of mine get constant flowers and frequent seed set .

Michael Pascall,

Dear Ed:

This species has a normal elevational range that is quite high, probably typically above 2000 m which makes it a difficult species to cultivate under the best of conditions.

Find car news, reviews and more Looking to change your car this year?
Aroid-L mailing list