Is there any species of Aroid which can have a difference phenology at the same species ?

  • Subject: Is there any species of Aroid which can have a difference phenology at the same species ?
  • From: Adhitia Pratama <adhit_bioui06@yahoo.de>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 06:42:12 +0100 (BST)

Dear Tony,
 I have a study on Amorphophallus variabilis Blum. pollination in Indonesia. The sample taken from urban forest in  Univesity of Indonesia. My data shown the difference phenology between the previous study. The previous study was conducted 7 years ago. The sample of previous study was taken from plantation,  while my study was taken from urban forest.

The previous study shown, 70 % of pollination happened from cross pollination, while my study shown about 80 % of pollination happened from self pollination. The difference was caused by the difference phenology.  I think the phenology difference was caused by the environmental, climatic, and pollinator differences.   Is there any species of Aroid which can have a difference phenology at the same species?

Thank You,
Best Regards
Adhitia Pratama
Biology Departement