Re: Am. Titanum leaf question.

  • Subject: Re: Am. Titanum leaf question.
  • From: Derek Powazek <fraying@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:35:26 -0700

This may be old hat to many of you, but it's exciting to me. My Alocasia odora produced berries for the first time! I washed them, gave them a brief soak, and then planted them in three different media: a seed starting mix, Vermiculite, and coir. They're now all covered, on a heat mat, under lights. Photos here:

If you've done this before, I'd welcome any tips. Any guesses on which media will be most successful? When should I see sprouts? Any danger signs to look out for? What's worked for you?

Thanks,

-- Derek