Blooming of hybrid Urospatha

Today I was able to examine the first infloresence recorded of a hybrid
Urospatha on one of my plants grown from seed produced  by hand pollenating an
infloresence of U. sagittifolia [originally collected on the Orinoco Delta in
Venezuela] with pollen from an infloresence of a plant of U. grandis
[originally collected at Tortuguero Canal in Costa Rica, Cen. America]. Both
of these plants are pictured in my article " Experiencing Urospathas"
published in Aroideana Vol. 16 of 1993.
The infloresence apears to be a good "mix" of it`s parents, with the thinner
texture and color of U. grandis, and the "tighter" spiral of U. sagittifolia,
and it`s odor is like U. sagittifolia. The leaves of this hybrid demonstrate
the shape of U. sagittifolia, but with the more bullate surface texture of U.
I will attempt to photograph the plant and infloresence, as it may assist in
the pending review of the genus.
                                          Julius   ><