Re: Dracunculus vulgaris and it's streaked variation

>Thanks all for the great info on Dracunculus.
>
>One question remains though...
>
>Is it reliably hardy in zone 7a or should I be digging it up at the end of
>the season?  If I should, is it similar to Amorphophallus in tuber
>production?  (If it is, then storing it will be no problem.)
>         Les

Dear Les;
	I guess I didn't state the obvious that I grow it here and have
seen big plants here at the Zone 5/6 border. I am sure it would  be winter
hardy in the ground for you in Zone 7 as long as it is not grown wet. I'd
also think it wouldn't much like digging and storing as it emerges fairly
early.

	Should be no problem for you outdoors.

		Jim  W.

James W. Waddick          		Voice: 816 746 1949
8871 NW Brostrom Rd                  	E-MAIL: jim-jim@swbell.net
Kansas City MO 64152 		Fax: 816 746 1939
Zone 5/6 -  Winter low  -10 degrees  F    Summer high +100 degrees F