Re: titanum page

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Upton <SKKUPTO@UMSLVMA.UMSL.EDU>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Monday, May 04, 1998 2:18 PM
Subject: titanum page

Dear Kathy,
Thanks to you (and to Scott and Lester) for sharing the wonderful bloom with
us all.  Jim would have been estatic about this event!
I can appreciate your story about the smell; you are a braver soul than even
I imagined!  Indoors!?!  A few years back I had a few Typhonium blumii`s in
flower on benches OUTSIDE my garage, yet the smell of flatulent swine
managed to make its way through/under the door of the garage, then
under/through the door between the garage and into my kitchen!  Oh, the
sacrifices we Aroidophiles make!
Thanks again,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com

>Dear aroiders-  Thanks for the confirmation, Wilbert!  And thanks again
to Scott and Lester for creating the  new page!  You can see Amorph.
titanum in flower at the following URL:

www.mobot.org/IAS/Image/Aroid/Upton/titanum.html

It opened Saturday night and I had it at my home for observation, not
wanting
to camp out at the University greenhouse.  I had it in a warm room and
provided
it with humidity.  It was in a room with a closed door, but the stench
leaked through and into whole house, upstairs and downstairs.  My husband
was a good sport about it,  but my 4 year old daughter said,"Yuck! Sick!"
and
wouldn't stop holding her nose.

-Kathy Upton<