Re: Lysichitum

Hello Jason!(StellrJ@aol.com)
     How wonderful to have someone out there talking
about a plant I'm very interested in the week after
joining the list!   I just want to grow Lysichitums;
and have a small plant of each species (americanum and
camstchatcense) in swampy shade near our spring- the
coolest, dampest niche I can find.  But they are small
and don't seem to increase much in size from year to
year.  Do they ordinarily grow quite slowly?  Do you
know anywhere I can get a good size root sent to me?
Could be our climate (7b-8a) is just too warm; white
callas survive and bloom in the same spot I have the
lysichitums, and so do Colocasia and Alocasia.
               Thanks much,
                   Bob Burns

-