Re: Colocasia "Black Magic" - reverting?

In a message dated 5/10/99 12:08:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lkallus@earthlink.net writes:

<< Last summer I had a Colocasia "Black Magic" - the dark purple one that
goes
 by about a hundred other names.  Fortunately, it was one of the Colocasias
 that did form a tuber and I was delighted there was a chance I'd be able to
 grow it this season without purchasing a new one.

 I've now planted it and what I see coming up looks very much like a generic
 green Colocasia esculenta.  Do they commonly (or occasionally)
 revert?   Might it get darker in brighter light?  (Currently it's in my
 greenhouse but now that the trees have leafed out, it's partially shaded
 and is growing in dappled sunlight.)

              Les >>
Les,

Increase the light level over time in order not to burn the leaves. At higher
light levels the trademark color will return.

Regards!

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida  USA