Colocasia "Black Magic" - reverting?

Last summer I had a Colocasia "Black Magic" - the dark purple one that goes
by about a hundred other names.  Fortunately, it was one of the Colocasias
that did form a tuber and I was delighted there was a chance I'd be able to
grow it this season without purchasing a new one.

I've now planted it and what I see coming up looks very much like a generic
green Colocasia esculenta.  Do they commonly (or occasionally)
revert?   Might it get darker in brighter light?  (Currently it's in my
greenhouse but now that the trees have leafed out, it's partially shaded
and is growing in dappled sunlight.)

             Les