Re: a non-aroid question

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: a non-aroid question
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@NRAO.EDU>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:25:20 -0600 (CST)

Boy we've got a bumper crop of acorns down here in Virginia.  Can't walk
anywhere without a crunch crunch underfoot, nor sleep for the banging on the
roof. Second year in a row, and we have a bumper crop of squirrels along with
it (who keep diggin up my amorph corms, even in pots--they have a real
thing for A. konjac, which I have obtained two years in a row now and lost
two years in a row).  I guess they like variety in their diets...but at least
once I've found a bulbifer corm off in the gutter, apparent victim of the furry
grey amophophallicides, so maybe they just redistribute them.  Still no frost
here, latest date I recall.

Clear skies,
Charlottesville, Va.