Traveling with plants (P.Rico)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Traveling with plants (P.Rico)
  • From: Susan Cooper <coops@execpc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:53:37 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Les,
Hope you haven't left Puerto Rico yet.  When I  was in Florida and bought
up as many plants as our rental car could hold (and endured listening to
"how are you getting all those home on the plane?" at least 500 times)
This is what I did-
Go to the local KMart or whatever and buy a cheap garment bag (the kind to
carry suits in) Mine was $9.  Take plants out of soil, wrap in newspaper,
and stuff bag to fullness.  Hang in plane and make sure no one tries to
fold bag.
I brought back 13 plants, including 4 rather large amorphos that way-
everybody made it safely.

Of course, a few went into a deep depression once they realized they were
in Wisconsin!
Susan