over-wintering Calla

I asked this question a couple days ago but apparently the email somehow
never got through.  Here goes again:

A couple years ago, some giant Calla were offered through a member of this
group.  I purchased a few.  Two years ago I kept them growing indoor over
the winter.  Last year I just couldn't get enough time in the fall and the
hard winter hit them harder than I would have expected.

I thought I had lost them but in July I found some tiny Calla shoots and by
this fall I had small plants growing even though they were still
small.  Another winter like last and I'll lose them
altogether.  Consequently, I'd like to keep them inside this winter.  Space
is limited so ideally I'll store them as tubers (or corms, if that's what
they are).

So with that in mind:

Can I store them as tubers over the winter?

Some tubers are best washed of any soil and soaked in fungicide before
storage.  Others do better just being left with soil clinging to the
roots.  To which group do Calla fall?

Some tubers do best stored at 45-50 degrees.  Others like Caladiums need to
be far warmer.  What temperature would be best for Calla?

Should they be stored dry or packed in perlite or could this be a good use
for the endless supply of foam packing peanuts?