Re: Heating tables and anything else

  • Subject: Re: Heating tables and anything else
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:56:44 -0600 (CST)

The leaves will still freeze off. I find it easiest then to just lift the
tubers or rhizomes and store in the basement to get April-May shoot
production/planting. If I don't mind June-July first leaf appearance for
such things as Colocasia,Balla, and Canna, I'll cover with a foot of CURLY
dry fallen oak leaves and then six inches of cow manure and a frosting of
high nitrogen fertilizer granules.
Bonaventure

                    "brian
                    williams"            To:     Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
                    <pugturd50@hot       cc:
                    mail.com>            Subject:     Heating tables and anything else
                    Sent by:
                    aroid-l@mobot.
                    org

                    11/12/2001
                    11:22 PM
                    Please respond
                    to aroid-l

Hello! Well, on my quest to have the perfect growing environment for my
plants I have been looking into heating cables which can heat tables also
the ground outside to make partially hardy plants make it threw the winter.
As I have been searching I have found a very interesting link with an
unusual heating cable for sell. This product may have some very interesting
uses. It is not a wire but some other material. I have been talking to a
guy
at this site for a week or two. he is helping me design my heated tables
and
from the way it sounds it should work out well. Each table has a heated
wire
ran threw them with plastic on top and a capillary mat which stays moist on
top. The temps on the table stay at 80 or a bit higher.

Here is the website I think a few may find this product interesting and it
could be used for a number of things.  Not to mention its only$00.02 a foot
and is very low watts.
duran2
http://www.duraheat.com/duran2.htm