Re: Aglaonema ID needed

  • Subject: Re: Aglaonema ID needed
  • From: "Clarence Hammer" <chammer@cfl.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:48:14 -0600 (CST)

Hello Eric.
Your description of the top of the leaves of your plant could indeed be
many, especially the Brown hybrids as Julius says.  However, the maroon
reverse, and darker maroon petioles is highly unusual.  I haven't seen a
Brown hybrid or any other Aglaonema with that characteristic, unless Frank
in his wizardry has created a new
one I haven't seen.   I'm thinking you may have a Homalomena hybrid, some of
which I think have the colors you describe.

By the way, I am in your area, where did you find it??

Central Fla/Sanford/LakeMary area.