Re: [aroid-l] Abasia borneo?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Abasia borneo?
  • From: Harry Witmore harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:03:02 -0500

I don't think there is a Genus Abasia. I cannot find any reference to that name other than a disease.

At 01:24 AM 11/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:

 This is one that perhaps Dewey knows about.  Ree Gardens, owned by Steve
and Marie Nock in Pinecrest, FL shows an aroid featured on the
Tropicalgardening.com website that they describe at Abasia borneo, but looks
suspiciously like some kind of Alocasia:

http://www.tropicalgardening.com/ReeGardens/reegardens2.html

I'm not familiar with the genus Abasia.  Can anyone check this out?

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (Zone 6a)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.