[Aroid-l] New greenhouses

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] New greenhouses
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:36:03 -0500

I am currently putting up 3 new greenhouses and maybe a 4th greenhouse. I plan to have one greenhouse with raised beds to grow Amorphophallus and Kempferia gingers and other odd things. The greenhouse is 20ft wide and 48ft long. The floors will have radiant heat on the floor. I am trying to figure a good temp to keep most the dormant bulbs in this greenhouse I am thinking about lows at 48f ? This will be dry in the winter and the plastic removed in the summer with a shade cloth. I will probably also have many caladiums in this greenhouse as well. The other greenhouse will be growing more philos and Anthuriums and will stay around 50F for lows. The third greenhouse will be many for my fathers hardy palms as well as many canna plants. With lows in the 15f to 30f range. Does anyone know the best temp for the dormant bulbs in the raised be for this setup? THANKS
Aroid-l mailing list