Re: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.
  • From: "David S." <maui4me@charter.net>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 20:50:23 -0500

I know what Susan is talking about.  A couple of years ago I bought certain
terrestrial Chinese orchids at my local Home Depot for about $1.00 each,
three to a bag from Holland.  Now this is a very pretty, incredibly easy to
grow orchid but not many people grow it, although I've been growing it for
over thirty years.  Well, I placed several eBay auctions with these and used
pics of my much older plants in bloom in the auction.  I couldn't believe
what people were willing to pay for these inexpensive plants.  I actually
sold one for $42.00 to one person and several for over $20.00 each.  I never
twisted their arms with these and had a very low reserve on each one.  I'm
glad eBay is out there as I've been able to find many things that I wouldn't
have been able to locate otherwise and at reasonable prices.

David Sizemore