Re: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.
  • From: "Bamboo Chik" <bamboochik@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 06:50:35 -0600

> My main concern with some of the plant sellers on ebay is
mis-representation of plant material. There is a person selling what they
claim is Colocasia gigantea. It is not.  Someone without enough plant
knowledge will buy it, as they are definitely selling, but they will be
very disappointed when they discover that they really did not get what they
thought they were getting.

Without extensive hort. knowledge, it is difficult for newbies to know if
they are getting ripped off or not with some of the more rare plant
families. I do not believe this is right.

I sell in the spring and I make sure I sell at a reasonable price with
correctly named botanical plant material. I follow the "golden rule", but
wish more people would. $$$ is not everything in life....b.f.n...deb/S.AL