[Aroid-l] Some questions ?

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Some questions ?
  • From: "hanson, skip" <shanson@emc.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:03:43 -0500

Title: Message
All,
  Hello. I just returned from Kauai and I was lucky enough to be there during the Taro festival.
  I saw some very interesting things while at the festival. For example, the University of Hawaii
  has several hybrids in the making. Some where VERY striking. They plan on getting them into
  tissue culture soon.

  There were a few plants with Hawaiian names that looked like common Colocasia but I am not
  sure. Does anyone know is "Uahiapele" is just "Black Magic" ?

  Also, there was a cupped leaf Colocasia by the name of "Apuwia" or "Bird bath taro". Has anyone
  heard of this variety ? If so, do you know where I could get some ?

Cheers,
Skip