RE: [Aroid-l] aroid hallucinogen

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] aroid hallucinogen
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:44:44 +0000

>From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
>To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
>Subject: [Aroid-l] aroid  hallucinogen
>Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:18:49 -0500

Dear Friends,

Just a bit more info on these plants---Dr. Sue Thompson gave a most informative talk on this complex, she concluded that the N. American species is different to the species commonly grown/used in Europe/Asia, the N. American one was commonly used by Native Americans, and can be used medicinally, eaten, etc., but warned about trying to use the European/Asian one in the same ways.    She noted that there was much confusion and mixing of information concerning these plants, so be careful!!!

Julius