[Aroid-l] Colocasia Taro

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Colocasia Taro
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:40:45 -0500

Skip I believe Uahiapele is actually also known as Black runner much like black magic but with ruffled edges and runners from the mother plant. I have two varieties with cuped leaves. One has a bit of a velvet sheeth to the leaf the other looks to be a mutation off of fontanesii I believed it was named coffe cups and was found in Thialand. I would really like to hear more of these hybrids the Hawaiian university has done. The hybrids of my Black Magic with the white variegated Colocasia are coming along and I can tell some already are showing colorations. It will be interesting to see what they grow into. Skip here is a link to my website were I have some nice photos of many of the forms. I have just recently gotten 13 new hawaiian forms as well and will be posting them as they grow.

http://www.cloudjungle.dns2go.com/DotNetNuke/DesktopDefault.aspx?&tabid=47&path=Araceae/Colocasia