RE: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Mini rant right back at ya.
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:14:41 -0500

I could not agree more with your statement. It is fraudulent to sell
something you know is not in fact what it is. I believe that these folks are
very few when it comes to selling rare plants. So, when you see a plant that
you know to be rare and hard to find and it is mislabeled as something very
common and therefore is selling very under priced, do any of you contact the
dealer and tell them so or do you bid on it? I have contacted them and bid
also, so, that makes me no better than those folks that try to take
advantage of the buyer. I have also contacted dealers to let them know their
product is mislabeled. I usually get a thank you but they do not always
change the name but most of the time it's pretty cheap anyway. I tend to
steer clear of the really hard to find things unless I have already
established a buying relationship to the dealer.

I'm always looking for a good buy but I try not to take advantage of anyone
who is either selling to me or buying from me. I don't worry much about
everyone else since I can't control them.

>If someone is just doing this as a lark to make a fast buck, and has no
>horticultural knowledge as to what they are really selling, then that IS
>FRAUD! b.f.n...deb/S.AL

Aroid-l mailing list