RE: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????
  • From: "Bryant, Susan L." SLBryant@scj.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:17:17 -0600

Brian I think that is a great idea, and I agree with your assessment
that it will not be easy to get up and running.  I also agree this could
bring in many new members and create higher visibility for the IAS and
Aroids.

Here are a few sites that I know of that have something like you
propose.
http://cometothefarm.com/  is used by our Anatolian Shepherd Dog society
for fund raisers.  I think the registration and log in is somewhat
tedious, and I don't think you can see the object once the auction is
over.  I use eBay quite a bit to check prices on all sorts of
collectibles.

Here is one for lilies
http://www.daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi