RE: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????
  • From: Albert Huntington balberth@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:15:28 -0800 (PST)

Peter Wrote:
>I'm still no member of the IAS ... What other benefits there
are?

Peter,

  The biggest benefits of the IAS are ones which you are already
enjoying.  Aroid researchers have a place to publish their work
for free, students are given small grants to continue their
research, information on aroids is freely available to the public
on the aroid.org website, aroid related activities are
coordinated.  It is the mission of the IAS to promote Aroids,
aroid research, and aroid education.

  Without your membership, we lose the ability to do this.  If
you value the work we are doing, then you might want to join,
volunteer, and help us out.

  This is not enough incentive for everyone, so we are forced to
provide some things to members only.  We do these things you must
pay for in order to do more of the things everyone gets for free.
 When you join, you get:

- Aroideana, annual journal of the IAS.  Back issues are cheaper,
if you want to wait a year or more, and if you don't mind missing
the newsletters and website access and so on ... you can save
yourself $10.00.

- Quarterly Newsletters.  There are many interesting articles in
the newsletters, more oriented towards the hobby grower than
Aroideana.  A couple of samples are on the newsletter page of the
IAS, and an index of back issues is available to the public as
well: http://www.aroid.org/society/newsletr.html

- Website access.  You can read the back issues of the
newsletter, see a collection of old Aroid prints, access an
indexed archive of excerpts from old Aroid-L postings, access a
full membership directory database, and download an electronic
book on Aglaonemas.  More exciting features are coming sooner
than you think.

  We think it's a good deal, and a better deal than many of the
other small societies out there.  You can join online with a
credit card from anywhere in the world by visiting
http://www.aroid.org/

--Albert
IAS Web Guy