Re: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Selling plants on the aroid website??????
  • From: Tom philofan@philodendron.org
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 23:19:01 -0800

I appreciate Brian's idea and agree with the spirit of it. However, from experience (I develop sites for a living), I know the amount of work involved just with static web sites. Adding the dynamic component in is not a cheap endeavor, if it is to be done right.

I'd like to suggest a simpler solution I am setting up for our rainforest organization: set up your eBay auctions to donate in part or in full, to the non-profit of your choice. How about donating to IAS in your next auction? Isn't IAS a non-profit?

You can read details here: http://givingworks.ebay.com/sell/

It may be possible to build an IAS page that lists current auctions with an API or simply link to all auctions that benefit IAS.

Note that a $10 minimum is required per donation. When you sell an item with eBay Giving Works and donate at least 90% of the final sale price to a certified nonprofit, eBay will donate the Insertion and Final Value Fees you paid to the organization you selected within your listing.

That's one nice way to get rid of our extra plants.

IAS needs to be "certified", but once that happens, we can all donate to IAS in our future auctions.

-Tom Vincze
Aroid-l mailing list