[Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: "Alan Galloway" alan_galloway@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:50:48 -0500

Did anyone see last night's episode of Iron Chef on the Food network? It was a tie breaker
competition between 2 chefs with the secret intredient being konnyaku.....which is processed
Amorphophallus konjac tubers. The two chefs created 8 dishes with konnyaku that looked
absolutely delicious. I was almost ready to grab my Am. konjac tubers and start boiling them!

For more info on konnyaku see:
http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

Alan