Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:43:17 -0600 (CST)

Ironically, we often watch Iron Chef and had seen the tied episode Monday
night, but missed last night.

I checked the Food Network schedule. That episode was scheduled to repeat one
other time - four hours after the one Alan saw.  It doesn't seem to be listed
for re-airing anytime soon.

Steve

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Alan Galloway wrote:

> Did anyone see last night's episode of Iron Chef on the Food network?  It was
> a tie breaker competition between 2 chefs with the secret intredient being
> konnyaku.....which is processed Amorphophallus konjac tubers.  The two chefs
> created 8 dishes with konnyaku that looked absolutely delicious.  I was
> almost ready to grab my Am. konjac tubers and start boiling them!
>
> For more info on konnyaku see:
> http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html
>
> Alan

-- Steve Marak