RE: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:34:27 -0500

Hi Alan,
Just think I have been taking expensive high blood pressure medicine when I
could have just cooked konnyaku and eaten my surplus A. konjac "potatoes,"
of which I have lots and lots. I spent some time in Japan and I know about
the Japanese preparing meals with A. konjak but no one told me about its
medicinal properties. I wonder what my doc would say. I think I'll ask him.
Live and learn. George

W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill R. G.
USDA Zone 7a - 1188 feet (361m) AMSL