Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: "Rob Nicholson" RNICHOLS@email.smith.edu
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:59:32 -0500

saw this episode years ago and it took us a long time to find out what konjaku was, not until you had your konjacs. it looked like slimy tofu

>>> alan_galloway@bellsouth.net 11/16/05 8:50 AM >>>
Did anyone see last night's episode of Iron Chef on the Food network?  It
was a tie breaker
competition between 2 chefs with the secret intredient being
konnyaku.....which is processed
Amorphophallus konjac tubers.  The two chefs created 8 dishes with konnyaku
that looked
absolutely delicious.  I was almost ready to grab my Am. konjac tubers and
start boiling them!

For more info on konnyaku see:
http://www.shakespeare-w.com/english/konnyaku/whatis.html

Alan