Re: [Aroid-l] Eduardo-unknown Xanthostoma with purple coloring

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Eduardo-unknown Xanthostoma with purple coloring
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:04:19 +0000

From : 	Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
Sent : Friday, October 20, 2006 5:13 AM
To : Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : Re: [Aroid-l] unknown Xanthostoma with purple coloring

Dear Brian,

I would ask Eduardo to take a SECOND look at your GOOD photos, I do NOT believe that this is X. robustum, not with those purple petiole!. I certainly looks to me to be one of those species from Cen. America that grow out if you buy a tuber of 'red coco' or 'malanga lilac' at a grocery in S. Florida!
Eduardo, please take a second look!

The Best,

Julius

As for the Xanthosoma Edurado ID a very similar plant that I thought right off would have been Atrovirens but said it was indeed Robustum. Here are the pictures of that plant.<<

Reply | Reply All | Forward Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

Notice: Attachments are automatically scanned for viruses using Trend Micro products
Get the latest updates from MSN
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
Feedback | Help
2006 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy