Re: [Aroid-l] Heaters, vented & otherwise (was "Anthurium")

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Heaters, vented & otherwise (was "Anthurium")
  • From: NORHOW@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 05:17:04 EST

And just to confirm that the natural gas in the UK seems to do no more harm than that in the US ....... I heat my two small greenhouses (15 x 16 & 20 x 8) using natural gas (actually I think the gas comes from Scandinavia and Russia!).
I have no vents as such, other than the usual "gaps" at doors, and maintain the temperature at 60F minimum for my aroids, etc. and have done for years.
The latest photo from Steve Lucas (plus the others of his atrium on his website) certainly seem to confirm no ill effect on growth.
Mind you, my hair has gone completely white, but that's just old age!!
Norman Howard
Hampshire, UK
Aroid-l mailing list