Re: Natural fungicide

  • Subject: Re: Natural fungicide
  • From: "Windy Aubrey" <exotics@hawaii.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:07:19 -1000

Right on Mike!
I too use Cinnamon, and yes, ants will not cross over a trail of Cinnamon.
If you have a potted plant that ants have invaded just dust the top with
Cinnamon and the ants will take off.
I have used Cinnamon as a fungicide on rot too.  On tubers and stems
developing a rot, I just scrape down the problem until I hit white meat,
then apply a heavy coating to the exposed tissue before repotting.
We share our lives with animals, so I really like using this around the
threshold of the front and back door to deter ants instead of pesticides.
Cinnamon can be purchased at the 'Big Box' stores in a fairly large
container for a low price.