From: Albert M Huntington amh@ieee.org
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:53:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: [Aroid-l] Aroideana Articles Online

Folks,

  As Steve Lucas has recently announced some new features on aroid.org
including personal logins for IAS members and the IAS Trading Post, I would
like to introduce one additional feature recently approved by the IAS Board
of Directors.

  Paul Resslar's very useful database of Aroideana articles has long been
available on the website, but we have this morning released an augmented
version which displays abstracts or summaries from most articles and
enables the purchase of electronic downloads of most articles through
paypal.  Articles under 3 pages long ( which includes a surprisingly large
number of older horticulturally oriented material ) are available without
charge as a benefit of IAS membership to those members who have registered
for a personal login.

  Most parts of volumes 1-31 are available at this time, with the exception
of some of the longer articles.

  Please go to http://www.aroid.org/aroideana/ and give it a try.  I would
like to warn you that the software behind this feature may be a little
buggy, as it is rather complicated and also brand new.  Please refer any
problems you may have to me personally for a quick resolution.

Best regards,
Albert Huntington