Re: An open invitation.

Thanks Marek.  I have started adding a few in JPEG but with the thousands of photos already posted on the site it would take forever to go back and convert them all.  The ExoticRainforest site has over 300 pages and some have 10 or more photos per page.

All the photos are converted in PhotoShop 7.0 and the default for internet use in the program is GIF.  If I convert in PhotoShop to JPEG the files are twice as large as GIF.  I'm sure newer versions of the program do it better but since I'm retired I have no need to spend another thousand dollars on a newer version.  The original to the photo you mentioned was in Photoshop PDF format, 11 megapixel and was enormous.  I would love to go back and reconvert that one but the original file was accidentally destroyed so it is gone forever.

Come visit!

Marek Argent wrote:
You own a dreamland of every aroid enthusiast!
Anyway I must tell you it again - about your photos. The GIF format reduces colors to 256 (look at the Philo leaves in the photo "atrium combined"), the colors are not natural and the file takes more than 400 kB of memory.
If you used the JPG format, the file size would be smaller and in full colour.

fn:Steve  Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list