Re: Wind

  • Subject: Re: Wind
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 23:34:22 -0500

Guy Wires is the only solution that comes to mind.  Or temporarily mount your containers to the ground in some fashion.
-Ken

On 11/17/2011 11:13 AM, DAVID LEEDY wrote:

I plan on growing some arisaema outside.

Due to the very strong winds we have in Texas, it is necessary to provide protection for some plants.  For example, I use a tomato cage for taller Asiatic lilies grown in the ground.

Is there a product or any ideas as to how to protect an aroid with a relatively tall, single peduncle or petiole (e.g. amorphophallus, dracontium, arisaema, etc.) in a small growing container (5 gal or less)?

David Leedy