Re : Wind

Greetings David,
   We also have strong winds here ( The Windy City !! )
In the Chicago Land Area, the Arisaema that grow through out the
woods and glades, grow in and amongst other herbaceous
plants that carpet the ground under Oaks, Maples, Shag Bark
Hickories, and also various shrubs.
   Typically, these plants are "protected" by their neighbors, the plants
forming their own wind breaks if you will, and being under large trees
that provide wind, rain and sunlight diffusion by the action of their canopies.
 These forest dwellers are exposed to the elements, and these various buffers help them
to grow in their habitats.
  In the garden, small containers that are not behind some kind of natural
or artificial screen should anchored in the ground with a bamboo stake or rebar,
to prevent them from blowing over. You can use the available rings that are sold for
perennials, to contain stems, or even flower stalks from flopping around in the wind.
There are tall metal stakes, with a loop at the top, that are used to keep Lily stems
upright, and I myself use  taller bamboo stakes and plant tape to sometimes keep
taller specimens from snapping, when we have the typical summer thunder storms
that bring high winds and strong rain.
I hope this post gives you some more ideas to consider.
Michael Kolaczewski
Aroid-L mailing list