Re: Colour Pictures in Aroidiana

Lookink the IAS website seems that some publications are already available as electronic format, we need only to continue in the same way.

Marco

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com> wrote:
Great idea, Marco!!  I would prefer a digital edition of AROIDEANA myself.  I've been the newsletter editor for my local plant club for a number of years now and we converted to digital several years ago.  What I like best is the ability to use the search function to track down something I knew I'd written, but couldn't remember where or when.  Also, not having piles of paper publications cluttering up my work area is another definite plus.  I do, however, print and mail hard copies for the six remaining technologically challenged members of our club.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby, Oregon

From: Marco Motta <marco.giovanni.motta@gmail.com>
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:45 PM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Colour Pictures in Aroidiana

Hi to all,
I know that the publication with color picture is more expansive then b&w but fortunately there are many other solution as PDF files and so on
I think that IAS can ask to subscribers if are interested to switch to color publication in electronic format, I think that all have a computer at work or at home.
There are many way to protect the publication, as to avoid illegal copy and deny the printing option.
Using electronic publication IAS can have less expensive work and capability to manage more article or use more money for research, and finally publish the Wilbert's book on Amorphophallus.
This is the only way to contain maintain or increase the subscribers, I have subscritions to many other plants related publication, AROIDEANA is the only one with B&W pictures!

Best regards

Marco Motta

--
Inviato da iPhone