Re: Colour Pictures in Aroideana

  • Subject: Re: Colour Pictures in Aroideana
  • From: The Silent Seed <santoury@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:33:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I'm just jumping in here - and by no means have any background on this issue - but as somebody who is not yet a paid member, I can certainly attest to the fact that when I sign up for something (and pay for it, for that matter), I certainly would hope for color pictures - it's just the day and age that we are in now. Take for instance, the many hundreds of new cultivars coming out by the day, it seems - how can you capture the colors, or just the markings of a slightly different shade of color, with black and white? Maybe it costs "a little more" - but I think that many new members would be attracted to, and more willing to, spend money on a membership for something that shouts quality, and colorfulness. That said, I have never seen an Aroideana. If the whole idea behind all of this, is to help encourage new members to join, then maybe showing potential new members what they can expect, would be one way to begin. A sample, so to speak. It is for this reason that I have not become a paid member. Only. People like to literally see what they are paying for, and this includes color photos.
But to get back on track; in this day and age, one naturally expects color photos, and if the cost needs to be adjusted (since it seems to have been based on the black/white system) then so be it. In fact, I can certainly see why people would actually pay *extra* for that unique, historic black and white photograph. That could be another way to look at it.
Best,
Jude