Arum cyrenaicum

  • Subject: Arum cyrenaicum
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:40:01 -0500

Title: Arum cyrenaicum
Last summer, I received some seed of Arum cyrenaicum.  I planted the seeds in an open, free draining medium and left them pretty much alone until this fall, when moving plants inside for the winter (we get down to –10F, -23C),  I observed one seed germinating (see attachment).  Obviously, it wouldn’t survive outdoors, as its temperature requirements suggested as USDA Zone 9 and above.

Any suggestions as to the best way to keep this through the winter?  I can keep it in my glasshouse  (bright light, for my latitude and relatively cool) or inside in a south window, bright but warmer.

Thanks,

-- Don Martinson
  Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US