Re: Small aroids

Al:  There is an article written about the Araceae of La Selva by Mike
Grayum in Aroideana.  Mike and I have written the Araceae treatment for
the Flora of La Selva but it is not yet published.
> writes:
>  > This plant you mention is Syngonium rayi. It was collected in Costa Rica at
>  > the La Selva Biological Research Station.
> Donna, and others,
> My son will be participating in a 10th grade ecology class this summer
> which will include a ten day trip to Costa Rica, with a stay at La Selva
> Biological Research Station.  In preparation, he has to do a number of
> research projects, involving reading articles on Costa Rican ecology and
> then writing a report on what he has found.  If anyone has any
> recommendations, especially concerning aroids, we would certainly love
> to hear about them.  I only wish I could go, but they told me that
> they had reached their limit!
> Clear skies,
> Al
> +---------------------------------------------------------+
> |Al Wootten, Slacktide, Sturgeon Creek at the Rappahannock|
> |Astronomer (           |
> |Personal homepage    |
> |Deltaville, Virginia              (804)776-6369          |

Thomas B. Croat, Ph.D.
P.A. Schulz Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
phone: 314-577-5163; fax 314-577-9596; email