RE: Bog Gardens - Aroids which will thrive in one?

Consider planting the plants in soil that has been laced with a water
retentive gel.  Those are compounds that start out like grains of sand but
blow up to marble sized blobs of jello.  That way, the bog garden would be
a muddy area in the middle of regular garden.   It might give you a much
larger bog garden than you could otherwise arrange.