Re: Philodendron aerial roots

I've had arial roots from Philodrendons reach out and dig themselves into
the soil after which they became regular roots.   As soon as just a few had
entered the soil, the plant took off and grew aggressively.  Even if arial
roots might start out different from regular roots, they apparently have a
way of becoming regular roots that do very well in soil.  (I did not,
however, force them into the soil... they did that on their own.)