Reaction

Here's a new one, as far as I can tell...
    I LOVE Aroids and have been growing them for quite some time.
Recently, I have discovered
that I get a severe attack of dermatitis from the sap of Philodendron
scandens. All I have to do is
touch a broken leaf or stem and I get a raised bump like a nasty
mosquito bite and it itches like
%&*^! I know, poor me. Well, here's my question...P.scandens is the ONLY
aroid, so far that
does this to me. No Dieffenbachia, no Aglaonema, no Monstera, and I can
practically eat
Epipremnum. I know this because I self-inflicted test patches across my
stomach to figure out who
the culprit was! (Why the stomach? It seemed the only place left
unscathed that was appropriate to
scratch in public!)      ;)
    Returning, does anyone know if P.scandens has an unusually high
oxalic acid content? Does
anyone know if P.scandens possesses any chemicals particular to its
genus/tribe/sub-this or that?
Does anyone else know that they have reactions to any specific aroids?

Thanks! Any info anyone could scratch out would be interesting.

Kevin
tautau@earthlink.net