Olbrich Gardens Aroids

While attending a mostly wonderful shade gardens symposium at Olbrich
Gardens in Madison, Wisconsin ( and avoiding the session on hostas to
which I am aesthetically allergic), I wandered into the Gardens'
conservatory. I highly recommend anyone interested in aroids, who does
not have access to the larger collections in St. Louis and places south,
visit the Olbrich conservatory. It is remarkably well landscaped and
contains a large collections of well-grown aroids. I counted the number
of species/cultivars of each of the genera listed below:

3    Aglonema
6    Alocasia
15    Anthurium
1    Homelomena
1    Monstera
10    Philodendron
1    Schismatoglottis
1    Spathophyllum
2    Syngonium
1    Xanthosema

Most of the plants are clearly labelled, although many of the
philodendrons (and some others) have wandered far from where they were
originally planted, and some have overgrown their labels.

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin