Allergies and Irritations

Most people I know are irritated by coming in contact with fluids from the flesh
of some aroids. The irritation I feel has been most severe from juices of Philodendron
selloum. I have several large stands of this plant and recently went through
my semiannual process of trimming out the older leaves and petioles from the
undersides of these stands. The resulting pile of green stuff was five feet
tall and six feet in diameter. I wore a heavy flannel shirt and rubber gloves
to protect myself and STILL came in contact with the stuff.

The result was five hours of severe itching, but no visible symptoms. Others
are affected differently.

I also irritated moderately by Alocasia. On the other side, I have yet to feel
any irritation from Anthurium which is my largest crop. So I think all of us
are affected differently.