Re: Aquatic aroids for the subtropics

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Aquatic aroids for the subtropics
  • From: Pugturd@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:18:19 -0500 (CDT)

Their is Lasia growing in parrot jungle. Just a few minutes from Fairchild
tropical gardens. Jeff shimonski I don't know if I spelled his last name
right. But he gave me some and said it had grown their for years even threw
the worst winters were it did snow? Not only that he has two-forms a split
leaf form and a normal arrowhead leaf form. One thing to make sure of. wear
gloves these things have thorns all over them. I have had my share of them in
my hand